So I decided to do a few larger landscapes. The thinking behind this is largely based around the idea that they will be too big to be ignored. I've done 4 so far of which 2 are shown here. They are both 36 x 36 inches, oil on canvas. The late winter picture is from earlier this year when the river had risen to a point where it was almost over the towpath. The autumn painting is from late October this year. I'm reasonably happy with both pictures. They each took about a week to do.
1 comment:
Hi there, I have only just seen these paintings - you know that my computing skills are not so hot! Anyway, my impressions about both - the top one I am sure has an element of humour in there. Good gradation on the sky, I like that and I think that your cartoon side took the lead in deciding that the size and composition because of the tall conifer. As I say, it made me smile and I like the painting as well.
The lower one I adore. I has beautiful water, a good wintry feel and great sky. A Good Allender path tapering into the distance too! Well done.
Post a Comment